Saturday Night Live Transcripts


Season 39: Episode 10














13j: Jimmy Fallon / Justin Timberlake

Baby It's Cold Outside

Girl…..Cecily Strong
Guy…..Jimmy Fallon
Friend…..Kenan Thompson

[ open on couple sitting together ]

Girl: [ singing ] "I really can't stay."

Guy: [ singing ] "But baby, it's cold outside."

Girl: "I've got to go away."

Guy: "But baby, it's cold outside."

Girl: This evening has been."

Guy: "Been hoping that you'd drop in."

Girl: "So very nice."

Guy: "I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice."

Girl: "My mother will start to worry."

Guy: "Beautiful, what's your hurry?"

Girl: "My father will be pacing the floor."

Guy: "Listen to the fireplace roar."

Girl: "I really can't stay."

Guy: "Oh, but it's cold outside."

[ they snuggle on the couch, as the camera pans upward out of view ] [ SUPER: "Twelve Minutes Later" ] [ the camera pans back downward ]

Guy: "So… should I call you a cab?"

Girl: "But baby it's cold outside."

Guy: "You know, it's really not bad."

Girl: "You said it was cold outside."

Guy: "You can still catch the bus."

Girl: "I'll make breakfast for us."

Guy: "It's just a few blocks away."

Girl: "Tomorrow, we'll hang out all day."

Guy: "I have an early thing tomorrow."

Girl: "Got a toothbrush I can borrow?"

Guy: "I have a meeting at my work."

Girl: "At last, a guy who isn't a jerk."

Guy: "I really can't stay."

Girl: "It's starting to storm out."

Guy: "But, baby, it's warm outside."

[ he opens the door and lets snow fly into her face ]

Girl: "Are we still on for next weekend?"

Guy: "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Girl: "You said you'd take me antiquing."

Guy: "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Girl: "You said it when you…"

Guy: "Right."

Girl: "Bought me those drinks."

Guy: "Baby, I said a lot of things."

Girl: "Do you really think I could act?"

Guy: "Can't believe I said that!"

Girl: "You know, this isn't my coat."

Guy: "Can you take the trash when you go?"

Girl: "We should stay up late."

Guy: "She's not getting it."

Girl: "But baby it's cold outside."

Guy: "But, baby, it's warm outside/"

[ the phone rings ]

Guy: "Hello."

Friend: "Hey man you want to hang out?"

Guy: "Oh, of course, the important meeting."

Friend: "What are you talking about?"

Guy: "The meeting got pushed even earlier?"

Friend: "Oh, are you with a girl?"

Guy: "Yes, that's correct!"

Friend: "Then I'll leave you alone."

Guy: "Okay, boss, I'll see you in the morn."

[ she returns wearing his sports jersey ]

Girl: "Do you mind if I sleep in this?"

Guy: "This is getting too serious."

Girl: "You know I'm just as nervous as you.
But who knows what this could turn into."

Guy: "I don't know what to do."

Girl: "Here's a clue."

[ she kisses him ]

Together: "Baby it's cold outside!"

[ fade ]

SNL Transcripts

Don Roy King has directed fourteen seasons of Saturday Night Live. That work has earned him ten Emmys and fourteen nominations. Additionally, he has been nominated for fifteen DGA Awards and won in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. View all posts by Don Roy King